Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter, The Masters, and Adjusting

Our little man will be a week old tomorrow, and what a wonderful week it's been. Unfortunately, big sister would say otherwise. Poor girl's world has been rocked. She is really pretty sweet to him, pats him gently on the cheek (most of the time) and gives lots of kisses, but she'll randomly lay on the ground and flail around in aggravation. I'm hoping this week is a little better for her, and I'm really going to focus on making our one-on-one time special. Pray that my creative juices are flowing!





I had completely forgotten what it's like to get up every 3 hours during the night and nurse a baby while fighting to stay awake... you know, that embarrassing head bobbing that wakes you up as it's snapping back down... I'm so thankful that I've had that first-week adrenaline high. Jax has been a great sleeper & eater... he also burps & toots like a grown man. But should I really be surprised? Jason would say he gets it from his momma. :)









Today was a rainy Easter day, and we actually were planning on getting out to church this morning, but when the rain just wouldn't stop, we decided not to get little man out in it. I'm glad we didn't go... I made pancakes instead, and Emerson slept in until close to 10:00. It was a fabulous morning, perfect for our last morning together before Daddy goes back to work tomorrow. I panicked a little bit tonight just thinking about it, but he talked me back down and reassurred me that I could do it. Today for Easter dinner, Jason's parents, brother, grandma, great aunt, and my parents all came over bearing fabulous Italian food, and we watched the Masters and celebrated Jason's dad's birthday. I didn't have to lift a food-prep finger, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it! I think pushing out a 9-pounder gets one a little extra sympathy. :)








3 comments:

  1. Here's a little hope...Ky had several meltdowns when we came home over things that normally wouldn't have phased him before. About week 2 I didn't really see them anymore. You are right some special one on one time seemed to do the trick. Can't wait to see Jax in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little boy is TOO cute! i can't wait to hold him again. i will say though that i think he could take harrison down!

    i remember texting joey one day at work when harrison was only a few weeks old, saying "he has grown man farts" seriously, they cracked me up...they put joey to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you didn't push it and go to church. Milk this stage for all it's worth...a newborn is all the excuse you need! Make sure you're taking those naps, okay? Everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete