Friday, May 29, 2009
End of a long week
Boy, am I glad it's Friday. Tomorrow my brother, sister-in-law, and their two (soon-to-be three) kids are driving up from Nashville, and we're looking forward to a wonderful, long weekend of catching up and letting the kids play & get reaquainted. I'm sure I'll be posting about the cousins & the fun they had. But I think more than anything, the reason I'm glad it's Friday is that it's finally the end to a long week for my hubby. He's been incredibly busy lately... lots of stress at work, and he had to fly to Kansas City on Wednesday for a 1-day meeting. He's got one of those jobs that never really ends because he can't leave his work at work. Most days he answers close to 50 or 60 emails (probably more than that), and the cell phone never stops ringing. Even during dinner. Even when he's playing with Emerson or getting her ready for bed. I'm incredibly thankful that he does a good job of only answering the imperative calls and saving his emails for after the kids go to bed, but now that Jax is here, I spend my evenings taking care of him (he's always wide awake from 7-9), so I feel like Daddy and I do a lot of co-existing. Tonight we sat on the couch, and I reminded him that when Jax is old enough to drop his last feeding and goes to bed when Emerson does, our 'old life' will come back, and we'll have more time together. It's amazing how important that time is to both of us. It's so hard being a mom & balancing time with your babies and their Daddy! One thing I know for sure, though, is that I'm eternally grateful to him for providing for our family and having a job that allows me to be home with my children, experiencing them changing and growing right before my eyes every day. There's nothing like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment