In honor of my walk down college memory lane, here's a little gem for you. This is what I GOT TO MARRY. Lucky me.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Gorgeous Night
Tonight after the kiddos went to bed, I talked the hubby into taking a little break and going out on the back patio with a glass of wine to enjoy the fantastic weather. It was wonderful... a little bit of a chill in the air, my toes tucked under his nice little toosh while sitting across from him, the smell of his cigar lingering in the air. He rarely smokes a cigar, but I love it when he does. The smell reminds me of being in college together, hanging out with his baseball buddies, staying up WAY too late on weeknights. We had some really fun times back in the day. Sometimes I miss the lack of responsibility, the ability to survive on 3-4 hours of sleep on certain days, the spontaneous, silly things we did... SIGH... I really enjoyed my college experience. Okay, so back to our night tonight. I think we need to make it a somewhat-regular occurrence. We were able to talk without interruption, listen to the sounds of the open field behind our house, and just enjoy each other's company. That, to me, is about as perfect of a night as they come.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment