Sunday, April 4, 2010

Birthday & Easter Eggs-travaganza

I'm having a hard time staying awake tonight to post because I'm worn out from our weekend! From Daddy's birthday on Friday to Emerson hunting eggs on Saturday morning to going-away dinner for Lisa Saturday night to Easter dinner and Jax's birthday party today, it was a lot!

Uncle Travis invited Emerson to hunt Easter eggs with his church at a park Saturday morning. It was her inaugural egg hunt, and she had a blast. On the way there, Daddy began coaching Emerson on strategy, and by the time we arrived, she was saying things like, "Watch out for the other kids" and "get the eggs first." I tried to balance the strategy by reminding her we would be making new friends & that everyone could get eggs. Daddy and I just laughed at each other. :)
Here we are on our way to the park in the shuttle.



Heading to the preschool egg hunt area. I'm really glad Daddy suggested we put her rainboots on her... it was swampy in areas.
Getting some more last-minute Van Valkenburg strategy...
Stopping mid-hunt to smile for a picture while the sunlight is blinding you... too cute.
Being a just a little depressed that it's over.
Saturday night we had Lisa over for a good-bye dinner. Tomorrow morning the movers are coming and putting her boxes in a van, and she's heading to Houston. I've finally come to terms with her leaving and am not going to be all emotional and sad about it. So many things have fallen into place for her to make this move, and it's going to be so awesome! Now that doesn't mean I'm not going to miss her... Lisa, I'm going to miss watching the Bachelor with you, going to Ihloff for our monthly pedicures (and your conversations with Marty), our annual Christmas brunch at Wild Fork, getting Chinese takeout, our love/hate for P90x (and your infatuation with Tony Horton), how much my daughter loves BELLA (wow, I'm really going to miss that dog), and your cute little house where I once lived. Thank you for taking me in when I needed somewhere to live and becoming my most cherished friend of all time. From one black sheep to another, I LOVE YOU and will miss the heck out of you! I will be hitting the road to come see you, so just get ready!
Okay, so now I'm too tired to post pics of Jax's party... I'll work on that tomorrow. Nighty-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment