Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sick Sunday

Emerson woke up this morning looking really pale, and she didn't touch a bite of her breakfast. As she was sitting at the table, I looked over at her, and she threw up all over the place. Poor baby. Daddy came in to help us clean up, and she said, "Daddy, I'm sorry I spilled." I about cried, it was so sad & cute at the same time. He said, "I'm sorry you don't feel good, baby." To which she replied, "It's okay, Daddy, you don't have to be sorry." She's so precious. She's currently asleep on the couch, and she hasn't taken a morning nap in over a year.

So on another completely different topic, I thought I would follow up on my last post about price matching, per the request of my lil' sis Miley. You know the ads that come in the mailbox on Tuesday? Well, I go through every single ad that I get and make note of things that I want to buy because Walmart & Target allow price matching with any competitor's ad. So what I do is make my grocery list, and next to an item that is on sale at any of the stores I have an ad for, I write the store's initials out to the side. For example, if Reasor's has Home Pride bread on sale for $1.99, I write "R-$1.99" in the margin of my grocery list next to bread. So then when I'm at the register, I put all of my price-matching items at the front and let the cashier know I'm going to be doing price matching. (FYI, this is Walmart only... I believe at Target you still have to pay for your items, then go to customer service to get the price adjustments... correct me if I'm wrong).

So back to the cashier. It's important to choose your cashier wisely... for the most part, my Walmart experience has been that the older women are a bit anal about it and want to see every single item in the ad. I understand that they want to prevent fraud, etc., it just takes a really long time to do this. If you can find a teenage boy, they're usually great about letting you just read off your price matches straight from your list without having to get your ads out. Funny story, I just went to a couponing workshop with the 918 Coupon Queen (I think she's called the Money Saving Queen as of last week), and she said she found a teenaged male cashier at her favorite store that was fast and efficient with her price matching and coupons, and she actually asked him for a copy of his schedule so she would know when to come back. That's hilarious! I'm sure he loved the special attention.

So if you normally shop at Target and Walmart, give price matching a shot and save some hard-earned money! It doesn't take a lot of time each week, and it's well worth it. Just don't forget to bring your ads with you lest you end up in Aunt Edna's line.

No comments:

Post a Comment