Man, this weekend was fun! I don't think I realized how much I needed a getaway until about halfway through our trip. I told Lisa not having a schedule to follow and not having to get up with kids in the morning was a-freakin-mazing. Friday we both got to the hotel at around 4 and ended up on a wild goose chase to find a GNC and a Chinese buffet. I know, I know. We are legit big spenders. We started in Plano and ended up in Dallas close to SMU. I stopped in a random Starbucks, and the guy working there kept saying, "You came all the way from Plano?" Like it was clear across the state or something. He helped us find Mei Mei's Chinese Buffet, and for that I say thank you, dear Starbucks employee. It was great Chinese. Lisa and I have a long history of Chinese buffets. When she lived in T-Town, many an evening was spent eating Chinese buffet and watching Bachelor.
Anyway, back to our weekend. Saturday we shopped, got pedicures, ate Maggiano's Italian (where the hostess thought we were a lesbian couple... long story but very funny), went back to the hotel for a long nap, then watched "You Again" at the movies followed by late dinner. I think I probably gained 2-3 pounds, but I haven't stepped on the scale to verify. Speaking of weight... the husband has lost 10 pounds in 1 week. Whatever. He looks ridiculously hot.
So Lisa thought it would be clever for me to make a list of our fun finds this weekend. Here goes:
1) Forever 21. Lisa had never shopped there and was overjoyed to discover the bargain accessories. I forced her to buy headbands because they looked adorable with her short 'do.
2) Sephora. Our favorite place to shop together. I found a great new fall eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay (click here). We both also bought quite possibly the best-smelling body wash in the history of the world (click here). I used it today, and it's not the best sudsing shower gel I've ever used, but the scent absolutely makes up for it. Also, if you're not using an eye shadow primer, please go buy one. Now. Here. Your eye shadow won't budge all day.
3) This was also a fun find, but in a completely different way. We had to take a picture from the car. I promise we didn't go in. Lisa twittered (tweeted?) about it and a friend of hers replied, "Well, why would you want to use them there?" Great point.
4) Another fun find was discovering our differences when it comes to asking for directions. I completely wore Lisa OUT because I wanted to stop and ask any random stranger how to get where we were going, and she really hates doing that. I enjoy the adventure of talking to a new person, and she feels like it's totally bothering them. We laughed and laughed about that.
5) I discovered I don't enjoy driving in Dallas traffic. I kept getting in the wrong lane at stop lights because there are like 5 or 6 lanes at any given light, and how are you supposed to know which one to be in before you get there? And there are way too many frontage roads off the highways. If you are in the left lane on any given frontage road, you have to quickly veer to the right to avoid getting back on the highway when you don't want to. It's really a miracle we are alive to tell about it.
6) I was really sad that I didn't have any OU signage on my car because it would've been nice to rub our victory in. Boomer Soomer, Baby!
I think that's it. It was a fantastic weekend, and I miss my Lisa today!
No comments:
Post a Comment