Wednesday, February 9, 2011

1 Week Old

Lil' Miss H turned a week old yesterday.  I think it's official... she's a keeper.  I'm falling in love, and Daddy has to remind me to put her down occasionally.  Big sister is also quite smitten and wants to hold her every single chance she gets.  Here are the sisters in their monkey PJs. 


The first two days of this week have been a lot of work.  On Monday Hayden had her first checkup at the pediatrician's office, so I dropped off E & J at GiGi and SueSue's house to take their naps.  It turns out the little monkey was 8 ounces below her birth weight.  It was such a shock to me because I've never had a baby who didn't immediately get HUGE from breastfeeding.  She's definitely somewhat of a lazy eater, so Dr. B wanted me to increase my nursing to every two hours and check her the next day.  She also was looking a little jaundiced, so we went to the lab to have her biliruben levels checked.  We then left the office, drove clear across town to get the kiddos, and then clear across town the other direction to pick up Daddy from his office.  We had dropped him off that morning because his car is fairly low to the ground and wouldn't have been able to get out of our neighborhood.  Yesterday we went back to Dr. B's office for a weight re-check (this time toting all three children... yea for me), and she had gained a full ounce, so I think she's good to go.  Her biliruben levels were a little elevated, but not enough to do any kind of photo therapy.  Being at the dr's office with all three was so overwhelming to me.  I texted the hubby and told him how crazy it was, and he reminded me to just breathe and know that I was loved and adored by him.  Also a keeper, that one!!!

Here are a few more pictures of the one-week-old's last few days:






And don't even THINK about messing with this guy.  He chews lightning and poops thunder. 

6 comments:

  1. Hauling 3 kids around gets a lot easier the more you do it. Best advice lots of attention grabbers in the diaper bag. I always take snacks and fun goodies when I have to go somewhere. Btw. Congratulations on your new blessing! She's a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't said congratulations yet! Congrats! I want to bring you a meal, but I'm currently battling some crud- so I'll sign up for a date after I get rid of my germs. :) So glad you've been safe and warm through all this weather!

    She's soo beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on little Hayden!! Your children are absolutely precious! And kuddos to you for heading out with all three! I'm impressed! Just remember that spring is around the corner!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful, Miss Becca!!! I'm so impressed with you and your "mother of three children" skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah M. - good to hear from you!
    Sarah J. - can't wait for your fabulous cooking!
    Susan McM - thank you so much for your post!
    Amy A. - I don't know if I'd call them skills quite yet. :) And are you guys over the flu now? Did you ever catch it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to hold my sweet niece! She looks like Emerson but also has a look all to her own. Precious!

    ReplyDelete