Saturday, February 26, 2011

May Vacay

Last week one of the marketing guys with a company Jason contracts with called him and asked if he had received his email about the trip.  Jason of course asked which trip he was talking about, and the guy informed him that he had won an all-expenses paid trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in May.  Spouse included!  Jason's next question was whether a breast-feeding infant would be allowed, and a few days later he received word that we could bring Hayden.  So we're off to Mexico in May!  Without two of our three kids!  Lord knows my figure is nowhere near beach-ready, but who cares.  The thought of R&R on a warm beach is all I can think about.  That and quality time with the hubby, post 6-week checkup (if you know what I mean).  *Ahem.*  And him getting away from work for 5 days.  Please ignore the fact that the previous three sentences are fragments.  I tend to blog like I speak, so I'd appreciate it if you don't hold me to the highest grammatical standards when you read.  All of this coming from the Grammar Nazi... perhaps I'm letting go in my old age. 

Jax is in a big-boy bed tonight, and I'm a little verklempt.  He's been sleeping in Emerson's sleeping bag beside her bed since we moved in because we realized we were missing the side frames of the bed when Jason tried to put it together last Saturday.  The furniture store where we purchased his crib two years ago looked in their warehouse and discovered the missing pieces, so tonight the crib officially became a full-sized bed.  He was definitely a little unsure about staying in it after we read books and prayed tonight, but we didn't hear a sound from his room, so I think sleep was the victor. 

Here are a few pictures from our first week at the new house.  Daddy and the munchkins have been having a lot of fun getting used to playing in a new place.






2 comments:

  1. I missed reading this post before I emailed you a bit ago...NICE...a trip to Mexico sounds divine! You absolutely deserve some much needed R and R, lady!
    And I love that pic of Hayden in her Uncle Travis' arms. What a doll face...
    Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't that just the cutest picture of the two of them?

    ReplyDelete