Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weight udpate

Hayden was up to 8 lbs, 8 ozs at her weight check on Tuesday!  Talk about a sigh of relief.  She's also nursing so much better the last few days which is another blessing.  Last night the little turkey slept through the night... we'll see if it was a fluke or not.  Her new favorite thing to do?  Smile with all her might when we get right in her face and talk baby-talk to her.  She has the cutest little dimple in her right cheek... see below.



We were scheduled to have her newborn photo session this morning here at the house, but our photographer rescheduled because of the rain (makes for bad lighting in the house).  Jax, of course, hit his eye on the corner of Daddy's nightstand last night, so he'll more than likely have a shiner for pictures on Monday.  Can anyone say Murphy's Law?  Oh well.  It'll remind us what he was really like at this age... ALL BOY and ridiculously rough-and-tumble.

Can I just say again what a blessing so many of you have been these past three weeks... from the calls and emails to meals and visits, I have constantly been reminded that we are loved and thought of by so many people.  And let me just say that I think I have made it through the worst of the stress.  The move this weekend almost sent me over the edge, but I've come to terms with the fact that the boxes will just have to be here for a while.  I'm trying not to let my to-do list get the best of me either.  We're just gonna work on this house a little at a time. 

Two nights ago I timed how long it took me to get to Super Target.  Less than two minutes from our driveway to a parking space.  This is a dangerous discovery.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment