Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Cousins' Visit

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of my siblings' visit from a week-and-a-half ago. 

But first, I have to share a few funny things the munchkins said today.  Emerson's preschool teacher told me she had to go to time out in music today, so on the way to the car, I asked her what she did to get time out.  She didn't want to tell me, so I told her she was going to her room when we got home... no snack, no playing.  After a while, she decided to go ahead and fess up, and this is what she said: "Mommy, my teacher said 'Sit in a circle or go to time out,' and I chose time out."  Hilarious.  Then when we got home, Jax and I were sitting on the couch while I was nursing Hayden (Emerson doing her penance in her room), and he looked over at Hayden and said (quite loudly), "No, Baby Hane!  No biting Mommy!"  I told him she wasn't biting me, that she was just getting milk from my nipple.  After a few seconds, he grabbed his shirt, lifted it to his chin, and shouted, "Bite MY nipple!" 

Speaking of all things breast, the thrush is almost completely gone now.  Hayden's mouth is clear, and I'm down to one last crack to deal with.  Woo hoo!  She has also slept from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. the last two nights... praying that this time it's gonna stick!  Uninterrupted sleep has been amazing. 

Okay, on to the pictures.  The first one shows the whole crew.  From the left... Emerson, Jax, Avery (my sister Miley's daughter), Jason, Eric (Miley's hubby), Jace (my brother), Miley is standing and due with baby Hudson in mid-May, Liz (Jace's wife), then Vance, Parker & Addison (Jace's kids).  Can I just quickly point out our neighbor's dining room window directly across from ours?  Our first night in the house, our neighbor was eating dinner in her dining room with some guests, and it was hilarious because we didn't (and still don't) have any blinds or curtains, and her blinds were down but not closed, so all of us were trying to have a normal dinner and not look at each other out of the corners of our eyes. 


Now for dinner close-ups of each of the kids (minus Hayden):







I love this picture of Addie and Hayden. 


Jace and Addie at Bounce U.  Jace, Miley and I took the oldest 5 while Liz took sweet Vance to urgent care... poor baby came down with pneumonia. 




This last set of pictures was taken by Liz in the backyard.  Oh, how I love natural light.  Good job, Liz!








We are hoping for a late summer reunion after baby Hudson arrives!  It has always stunk that my siblings live so far away, but now that these 7 kiddos are in the picture, it's just that much harder.  They're starting to get to know each other, and I'd give anything for them to grow up together.  

1 comment: