So I've heard of thrush before and figured it would be no big deal if one of my babies ever got it. Wrong answer. I mean, technically, it's no big deal to Hayden that she has an overgrowth of yeast in her mouth. The little white spots don't seem to bother her a bit, but the medicine she is taking has been giving her a little bit of diarrhea and upset stomach. Momma, on the other hand? I don't think I can quite describe the condition of my nipples right now. (Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I would actually put in writing). To say they're painful is an understatement. I have cracks in them that are so deep, I can see bloody raw skin exposed. And when Hayden latches on, her mouth feels like what I can only imagine a piranha's bite to be. Wowzers, does it ever hurt. I'm also on medication because I know we're just passing the infection back and forth to each other. I'm just praying this all resolves soon... the good news is that I have felt a little relief yesterday and today.
I know many of you are wanting to see pictures from my siblings' visit this past weekend. I promise they're coming soon!
Tonight the in-laws kept the kids while Jason and I got sushi take-out and watched a movie here at home. It was a fantastic date night! Sometimes there's just nothing quite as great as snuggling on the couch in a quiet house with no children. We find ourselves thinking and talking about them when they're away, as I know pretty much all parents do. In fact, Jason found Jax's pajama shirt on the floor and brought it in to me and told me to smell it. At first I thought it was going to reek of tinkle, but he simply wanted me to smell Jax's smell. Mmmmm.... it was heaven. That little boy, as rough and tumble as he may be, is so precious.
Emerson has been getting out of bed the last two or three nights. And I'm not talking 30 minutes after going down. No, the girl has been making an appearance down the stairs anywhere from 9:30 to 11 p.m., and she is gracing us with her presence in full dress-up garb. I'm talking the dress, crown, and high heels. Last night Jason found her lying on the floor at the entrance to her room with her pillow and a blanket. Last weekend when my sis-in-law and I were watching TV, Emerson crawled from Hayden's nursery (where she and Jax were sleeping) all the way into the living room and behind the couch. I don't know if it's a phase or what. She seems to really enjoy sneaking around late at night!
House update... our painters stained the big desk that was upstairs, so we moved it down and have slowly been putting the office together. I'm starting to get overwhelmed thinking about the area rugs, chairs, window panels, etc., that are on my to-do list for each room. I know it's going to be a slow work in progress, but I just wish I could snap my fingers and have a magical decorator appear and do it all for me. I truly don't enjoy it because I don't have an eye for it. I can copy with the best of 'em, but coming up with the design ideas myself just doesn't happen. The hubby actually has more of a creative/artistic eye than me. It's not fair!
We're planning on visiting another church in the morning... hoping to either really like it or really not, just so we can make a decision and plant our little family somewhere. Making it to church in the morning, however, depends quite a bit on whether Princess Emerson makes it through the night without a fashion show and whether Hayden the Piranha lets Mommy sleep. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment