I have nothing really of substance to blog about, so this will probably end up being a random assortment of this and that. Feel free to quietly make an exit and spend the next few minutes doing something of value. Really.
My friend Terra stopped by today to drop off some shirts that she had embroidered for Jason. After she left, I found myself feeling really happy-go-lucky and almost bouncing off the walls. I think I actually laughed out loud after telling myself I really need to get out more. Poor Jason... I've come to the conclusion that I must totally wear him out when he gets home. He's done nothing but communicate all day long, and all I want to do when he comes through the front door is have an adult conversation. About anything. Sometimes I find myself talking just to talk, and I start to see his eyes glaze over. Just kidding. He actually does an amazing job of putting up with me. I do think it is really interesting that we live in such different worlds during the day... I have come to understand that making an effort to connect with each other each evening is key to being on the same page. I mean, what he does every day is really important. And what I do each day is really important. They are just SO different.
I took Jax to Trippets yesterday to see if I could find anything for his fat little feet. Alas, there were only two pair of shoes in the whole store that were wide enough, and I came home with one of them. The other was a brown leather sandal that was way too girly for my liking. He doesn't have anything for summer yet.. the warm weather last week had us outside in the back yard most of the time, but he was always barefoot. I just couldn't bring myself to put socks on him in 80-degree weather.
I currently have 68 videos on my videocamera. For the love, when am I supposed to find time to go through them?! I used to be ON THE BALL about keeping my videos current on my Vimeo page. *Sigh.*
Today Jax had two big plastic bowls in the living room that he was using as drums, and out of nowhere he decides to take one of them and hit Emerson squarely in the back with it. He had to apologize and spend some time in timeout, and Emerson came and sat on the couch with me to cry it out. She finally wiped her tears and said, "Mommy, when Daddy comes home, I have some very important news. I'm going to tell him that Jax hit me in the back, and that was NOT a good choice." I just love the way 3-yr-olds communicate.
It's official... Hayden is sleeping through the night! Her last feeding is usually right around 9:30, then after swaddling that little girl until she looks like a burrito, she sleeps until 7:30 a.m. It's a beautiful thing. Emerson has still been getting out of bed most nights, but her princess fashion shows have ceased. Now she just brings her pink OU blanket, her favorite baby doll, and a little mini doll pillow with her to the top of the stairs. We find her there, fast asleep, covered in the blanket, the little doll right beside her with its head perfectly placed on the pillow. I love that she takes the time to get her baby all situated while being completely disobedient.
My sister is potty-training Avery and going through the normal frustration of it all. I'm kind of dreading starting with Jax. The plan is to get it done the first week he is home from preschool. I'm thinking I'll have to recruit Emerson to help me at times, especially when I'm nursing Hayden or changing a diaper, etc. We'll see how that works... he is currently expressing his independence with such phrases as "No, Mommy, stop it!" and "My do it!" I can't believe that boy is about to be two.
Hayden's crib & furniture made it to the OKC furniture shop that our Wisconsin contact had it shipped to. So Daddy is renting a cargo van on Thursday to pick it up, then pick up our small breakfast table from the old house. Did I blog that we have renters?! They move in April 1st and signed a 2-year-lease! We are thrilled to be finished making two mortgage payments. Anyway, I'm really excited to begin working on Hayden's nursery/future guest room. It's not going to be baby-ish at all so that I don't have to do a total overhaul in two years when I move her upstairs. I'm in the process of deciding on fabric for the window panels that my friend Sarah has so graciously offered to help with. The girl can SEW. I'll keep you updated on the project. I'm just thrilled that I'll now be able to diaper that cute baby bottom on an actual changing table. Currently I have wedged a standard changing pad on top of the pack-n-play's changing station. It's way too big, but somehow we make it work even though Hayden lies on an almost 45-degree angle. Livin' on the edge, people. It's how we do it around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment