I'm officially in. I've always been one of those 'kinda' couponers, but last month my friend Heidi in Tampa sent me the book "Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey." It was as if a ray of light shone down from the heavens and everything finally clicked. It's not like couponing is difficult, it's just a lot to organize, and my brain is always so fried by the end of the day, I just figured I'd never be able to go all in. But I bought a binder with divider tabs and baseball card inserts. I also started buying the newspaper on Sunday mornings at our QT on the corner. And I'm proud to say that from May 15th to May 31st, by using coupons, price-matching from the circulars, and matching coupons with sales (especially at Walgreens and CVS), I saved $125.52! In 15 days! I have a spreadsheet I save on my desktop and update after each shopping trip. I cannot WAIT to see what my savings are at the end of a year. I'll keep you posted! Here's a picture of my handy-dandy binder.
Somewhere in Tennessee, my sister-in-law is doing a happy dance. She's been shopping this way forever, and I know she's proud that I jumped in head-first!
So on to our big project that started today. I am potty training Jax. Score as of naptime just a few minutes ago? Jax = 7 tinkles & 1 poop in his underwear. Mommy = 0. Hoping for a turnaround later today or even tomorrow. Not surprisingly, he took the lead early in the day with two of his points coming while I was sidelined with Hayden. That's right... benched with a breastfeeder. Totally unfair!
Here he is, looking so cute today with his bwoo bwankie in one hand, a car in the other, and training underpants right below some serious belly overhang. Thank you, Cristin, for loaning them to me. Every time I put a new pair on Jax, he says, "Are these Harrison's underwear?"
Finally, my friend Kara just sent me these pictures of Emerson from the recital. They are so good! She has the most amazing camera... thank you, Kara! The ones I attempted from the audience were lousy. I guess the whole 'zoom lens' thing is important, huh?






I did do a happy dance, but that was after I fell over from shock =)
ReplyDeleteI would highly recommend not using baseball card inserts though. I will send you a link of the ones I use. They are SOOO much better for couponing. It sounds trivial but it makes a huge difference. I use the 3 pocket ones and 8 pocket ones.
http://www.momsaves.com/buildityourself.html
And Jax potty training... I feel your pain. Well not really as I am pretending my child is not about to turn 2. And seeing as he will not even sit on the potty (in fact, he tells me "uh-UHHH" and runs away)... it may be awhile.
And Emerson is so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it! So when are we getting together??
ReplyDeleteHmmm... I like the pricing of my 9-pocket pages better. I think mine were 25/$5.50 on amazon... but I do see the benefit of having larger spaces for each coupon. Although I kind of find it a fun challenge to see how stragegically I can accordion-fold a coupon in order to see product, price AND expiration date at the same time. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI just sent you guys & the Potters an email about getting together!