Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The big birthday weekend

Em's party at Little Gym was so much fun on Saturday.  It was tough for me to decide to go ahead and book it because it's pretty expensive, but looking back on it, it was well worth it.  Besides bringing the tissue pom-poms to hang in the party room, I literally didn't lift a finger.  There were three girls in charge of the party, and they had the itinerary down to the minute.  All of Emerson's friends had a blast, and I actually got to mingle and talk to the adults!  That's usually unheard of at a four-year-old's party.

The fam came over Sunday night with another truckload of gifts.  Uncle Travis also came bearing birthday balloons!  I think she was totally blown away by the fact that she got to open presents two days in a row.  She opened her last gift and I suddenly realized I totally forgot about her gifts from us which were sitting on the top of the filing cabinet in the office, unwrapped.  Not my finest moment as a mommy!  Thankfully she didn't mind me putting them all behind my back and just presenting them one by one. 

Pics of the fun-filled weekend:
























This next picture will be the one I remember the most from her fourth birthday because it represents the Emerson we all know and love.  She has a personality like no other.  Her joy is infectious and overflowing, and the world is her stage.  Her Daddy tells her daily how beautiful and brilliant she is, and I have no doubt she already believes it.  What a gift she is to us!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like she had a lot of fun! Love that girl. Happy Birthday Emerson! :)

    ReplyDelete