Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Can I just say how exciting it is to have 80-degree weather?!  Here are scenes from our Labor Day weekend:

Go Sooners!


Emerson helping Uncle Travis open his birthday gifts.




The happy lil' Sooner girl minus her bow.  And me minus an earring.  Plus I LOVE how this picture highlights the melasma on my forehead.  I'm a little worried that it hasn't gone away by this point post-birth.  Oh well.. nothin' a laser of some sort can't take care of one of these days!  




Hayden doing her best snarly face.  Can you see her two bottom teeth?  And now she's working on the top two. 




Daddy swinging with the babes.




Daddy lookin' really hot while kicking the soccer ball. 




The view from my lap.  Oh, the rolls. 




The last few days I've been prepping for Emerson's birthday party this weekend.  Tissue pom-poms have invaded our dining room!


The poor little guy on the left is my first attempt.  He's a little pathetic, but it wasn't his fault.  I didn't realize I had bought tissue paper that was an exact square.  Didn't work.  I must say the rest were actually fun to make.  There are quite a few tutorials online, but this one was the one I went with.  Plus the blogger made me laugh, so all the better. 

http://nothingbutbonfires.com/2010/02/how-make-those-tissue-pompoms

Emerson had her first day of dance class this morning.  I, of course, didn't bring my camera and forgot to take a picture of her when we got home, so you'll just have to imagine her cuteness.  She is at Miss Shelly's this year due to it being way closer than our previous studio, and can I just say that I love Miss Shelly?  She personally came out into the lobby, welcomed and brought each and every little dancer dancer into the studio one by one, and let me just tell you it was a big deal.  Emerson talked about it all day.  I have no doubt it's gonna be a great year!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...that first pic of Hayden looks just like your baby pictures! CUTE. Love the Sooner outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks like me in that picture, too! And the outfit is courtesy of Uncle Trav. He always looks out for his neices' and nephew's Sooner wardrobe needs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Shelly is THE BEST!! You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE her! :-)

    ReplyDelete