Friday, February 10, 2012

1-year comparisons

At Hayden's 1-year checkup last week, she weighed 20 lbs and was 28 1/4" long.  Her vocabulary includes Ma-ma, Da-da, Bubba, Dah (for dog and also for duck), uh-oh, saying/waving hi and bye, and trying to bark like a dog.  She's standing on her own for a few seconds and cruising around furniture, but she hasn't yet tried taking a step on her own.  I had to peek back at the other two's baby books to see their stats.

Emerson at 1 year was also 20 lbs and was 30" long.  Her vocab included Ma-Ma, Daddy, Baby, Birdie, Doggie, Ducky, and Poo-Poo.  She was our early talker for sure!


Jax at one year was a whopping 25.5 pounds and 30" long.  His vocab included Ma-Ma, Da-Da, Nana (for banana), and ball.


Oh, those rolls on Jaxeypoo.  Edible, I tell ya.

Thinking about my sweet sis today as she's recovering from mastitis.  No fun!!!  They are closing on a new house on Valentine's Day, however, so that's something fun to look forward to.  This darling house is down the street from their current one and will give them tons more room for their growing brood.

Also thinking about my sweet friend Lisa as she is driving around with her realtor in Houston, looking to make a house purchase soon.  How I wish I could magically hop on a private jet and make quick pit stops in Peoria and Houston right about now.

One last thing on my radar.... THESE.


These puppies were calling my name at Dick's last week.  Normally priced at $90, I had a coupon plus a manager gave me a surprising 25% discount when I mentioned they never have the size pants I'm looking for. I walked out of there paying $42.  Normally I can't wear Nikes because I have a wide foot, but these fit me perfectly.  Plus the hot pink makes me smile!

The reason I'm featuring these shoes is that today is the start of my new gym membership.  I am almost giddy with excitement.  I talked Jason into letting me join with the kids, and I'm ridiculously thankful that he let me add it to the budget.

These shoes represent the end of an era, if you will.  An era of producing a brood of children in a short amount of time, thereby basically letting my body go and chalking up my extra pounds to 'the baby years.'  Well, now that Hayden is 1 and is weaned (FINALLY!), those pounds are gonna hit the road.  For good.  So hello, pretty pink tennies... goodbye flab.

Date night tonight with my husband and a housecleaning day tomorrow - my idea of the perfect weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment