Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vah-when-times

Last night I put the kids' valentines in their backpacks to give to their friends at preschool today.  This morning as we got out of the car, Jax suddenly yelled, "Mommy, you forgot to put my vah-when-times in my backpack!"  Then the tears started.  You guys, I had to pull the valentines out of his backpack and show them to him before he would believe me.  His soft and sensitive heart is absolutely precious.

Jason and I have a Valentine's Day tradition of getting Chinese takeout, so he'll be picking it up on his way home from the airport (he's coming back from a meeting in Las Vegas).  The kids are way excited to see Daddy, and I know he's ready to get home.  Valentine's Day has taken on a whole new importance for me now that I have little ones.  It's really fun to create the atmosphere and see the joy of celebrating through their eyes.

My favorite part of today thus far?  A text exchange this morning between Jason and me.

Me: "Will you be my valentine?"

Jason: "Can't.  Hot Sauce already bullied me into a commitment."

Me: "I am about to pee myself."

5 comments:

  1. How could he resist Hot Sauce after those pics of her licking the swings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that third one...she is the one that steals the heart! Happy Balentimes day from my krew to yours! love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love y'all, too! We need to have another sushi night, my friend. I'm getting a little crazy up in here.

    ReplyDelete