Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Houston Getaway!

Last week I escaped to Houston to see Lisa, my dearest friend in the entire world outside of my sister!  I still hold it against her that she actually moved away from Tulsa, but seeing her gorgeous new home makes it a little easier to swallow.  :)

So I flew out on Wednesday at noon.  She picked me up in her swanky car and drove me to her new neighborhood.  Y'all.  Look how cute this house is!  The picture is a teensy bit blurry due to me holding my camera out the window of the car.


Her backyard faces the neighborhood pond, and Houston had been having some random rain, so the occasional breeze made it look like a moving canal.  So peaceful and relaxing!

Here's Bella (or 'Beyya' as we affectionately call her... Emerson wasn't saying her Ls correctly yet when Bella came into Lisa's life).  I love me some Beyya.  She never barks and loves to sit on a lap and snuggle down. 


So here's the gorgeous kitchen!  LOVE her pops of teal, and the granite is beautiful.


On to the most ridiculously fantastic master bedroom.  I am way impressed with how everything came together.  Soothing tones, glam accessories, just perfect in every way!






So we spent lots of time shopping, lots of time eating, and lots of time blabbing our mouths about every topic under the sun.  She kept mentioning how she wanted to make sure I wasn't bored, and I was like 'are you kidding me?  I am not having to follow a schedule, make any meals for small children, or discipline. There is no such thing as boredom here.'

My favorite Mexican restaurant in the entire world - El Rancho.  The beef fajitas have this lime marinade that is basically indescribable.  They're the highlight meal of my Houston trips.  I wish this picture was scratch-n-sniff so you could enjoy the aroma.


On our big shopping day, she took me to the Houston Restoration Hardware which is unlike any store I've ever been to.  Three stories, everything is styled to perfection and resembles a museum, and the outdoor furniture is on the rooftop.  Unbelievable!







Another highlight was the steak dinner Lisa made for us.  New York strips with gorgonzola butter, asparagus with parmesan, and Skinny Girl margaritas.  Hello yummy!


Homemade peach crumble - delish!  Recipe HERE.



She lives near a drive-thru cupcake store.  Oreo cookies & cream for both of us.  Hello to no dieting on vacation!


Friday night we watched the Olympics opening ceremony with facial masks on.  At one point we attempted to create a song out of each country as they entered - ha!  Saturday we got pedicures, shopped  a little bit, then spent a few hours at her neighborhood pool.  So wonderful.

It was really, truly one of the best weekends I've had in a long time!  Thank you, Hobo, for hosting me and letting me disrupt your normal routine.  I love you to pieces and can't wait to see you around the holidays!


5 comments:

  1. Holy hotness! You look so good in the striped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa's house is beautiful!! And I'm going to have to try that homemade peach crumble..yum! Thx for the recipe link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy and yummy... I promise you're gonna love it. And you need to get in bed, my little night owl sister! I really think you're gonna be 89 and staying up past midnight. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know...I think I must require more "me" time than the average sane person. :)

    ReplyDelete