Monday, September 10, 2012

Things I'm Currently Loving...

1) When I send Emerson and Jax upstairs to get dressed, they come down completely dressed. I never thought the day would come when I had two self-dressers! Sometimes their clothing choices are a little wild, mind you, but I could care less most days.

2) Going back to my favorite barbell strength class at the gym. I took a month off from weight-bearing classes to focus on running and cycling, and I really missed it. So I hopped back in there this morning and instantly remembered why I love it. It feels so good to hurt!

3) Emerson's dance class started today (we headed across the street after Jax's sports/gymnastics class at Little Gym). I love the joy she exudes when she comes running out of class, a big smile on her face, sucker in her hand, breathless with excitement. We are thrilled that Anna will be in class with her again, too!

4) The election season. Regardless of what side of the aisle you're on, a presidential election is such a big thing! Oh how I love sneaking in ten minutes of Fox News coverage in the morning. And you want to know another thing I love? The Obamas' relationship. Personally, I think he stinks as a president, but the man clearly knows how to love his wife. Did you see their embrace at the DNC? So intimate, so tender, and I love that they're not afraid to kiss.  

5) Hayden starts asking for a bedtime "boot" (book) almost immediately after getting out of the bath. All through her lotion routine, getting her teeth and hair brushed, and putting on her jammies, she's adamant about her "boot." Daddy and I take turns most evenings, but I really love when it's my turn. After reading to her, I rock her for a few minutes with the lights out, and it's the quietest, sweetest moment of the day. Most nights I get a lump in my throat and don't want to put her down. You see, putting her down means another end to another day and closer to the end of the nursery, the crib, and all things baby around our house. *sigh*

6) Sugar snap peas. Amen and hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. #5 hit straight to my heart - I can remember it like it was yesterday...and it felt just like you described, "one day closer to the end of having a baby." I miss those days so much...I felt like I could perfectly provide everything my babies needed. With older kids, it becomes so difficult to meet all of their needs...and that's alongside no more cuddling in the rocking chair. :-((

    ReplyDelete