Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall is speeding by

I looked at our October calendar at the beginning of the month and almost gasped. You know how you schedule things but don't really look at the whole month at one time? Well, that's obviously what I did somewhere near the end of September. I'm having a hard time believing it's October 16th already.

Last week we went with Emerson's Pre-K class to Carmichael's pumpkin patch. I was so glad Jason came along... and obviously the girls were, too. I am so thankful that my kiddos have a daddy who loves to spend as much time with them as he can. 



Emerson has finally settled into her "role" in Pre-K. There for the first month or so, she thought her role was to be in charge, to be disobedient at times, and to make her momma about lose her mind. To say she is strong-willed is an understatement. We've definitely discovered that free time and/or boredom for her = shenanigans on her part. We have been blessed with two teachers who understand this about her and make time to positively reinforce her good behavior and help her make good choices. We love our preschool!

Here she is with "M." This is their second year in class together... she always comes home with funny stories about him.


And yet another friend, Mr. "P." He caught her eye at meet-the-teacher, and she couldn't stop talking about him.


I love this picture of Hayden, even though it's too bright, or overexposed, or whatever the photographic term would be.



I'm gettin' some good Hot Sauce lovin' in this pic. Notice the little piece of gum in her mouth. When her brother and sister get a piece of gum, I'll give her a pencil eraser-sized piece, and that child will chew it for hours without swallowing it. Cracks me up.


Notice the well-behaved, quiet children, and my firstborn putting on her own Off-Broadway production in the back row. Marches to her own beat, that one. And do I ever love her for it.




2 comments:

  1. They are so stinkin' cute! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...love seeing Emerson & Hayden's little personalities in these pics. Hayden really does have the best head of hair..my goodness! And love the last pic of Emerson. Looks like she's singing, "THE-HILLS-ARE-ALIVE...!"

    ReplyDelete