Last Sunday we were scheduled to have our family pictures taken after naptime. As I'm putting the finishing touches on my makeup, Jason rushes into the bathroom, shuts the door to the toilet, and that's when the fun began. We both assumed maybe it was a mild case of food poisoning from Schlotzsky's, but six days later, I'm quite aware that it was viral. Needless to say, the pictures will have to be rescheduled.
Jax was the next to contract the bug. Monday night he threw up in bed, and he had the runs until yesterday. Emerson and I fared the best out of everyone... we merely had queasiness and a lack of appetite. Hayden, poor baby, had diarrhea almost as long as Jax did. She is sick and tired of having her diaper changed. Yesterday I stopped counting at 13 diapers. And that was by 1 p.m. She made it very apparent when the burst of gooey was about to hit because she'd scream "Diaper! Diaper!" and do some quick high knees.
Tonight we ate dinner at Pa-Pa and Grandma's house, and I watched a bit of the OU game before bringing the kiddos home for bed. While getting Jax all tucked in, he began to reflect a bit on the noxious chemical warfare that has been emanating from his rear all day. He said, "Mommy, I have toot bith-neth." I asked him what toot business was, and he said, "It's when you have more than two toot-th in a day."
I'm going to retire to the living room in a bit and light a candle to combat Jax's leftover toot business.
Church in the morning (I'm teaching some new songs to the elementary kids for the Christmas program), park playdate after naps with good friends (the playdate is with friends, not the naps), and 80-degree weather in mid-October. Gotta love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment