Monday, October 8, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

So Jason was out of town from Wednesday through Sunday. It was a regular flight to Green Bay to see clients up there and help his team of agents. I have yet to make the trip with him, but I think I'm going to try and sneak away this spring sometime. On Saturday night he attended a charity event at Lambeau Field! I was way jealous.

The munchkins and I kept busy with our normal routine of preschool, the gym, and home time, plus we had friends over for dinner the night J left. On Friday we had a wonderful time at the park. Reason #1 it was wonderful? No one was there except for us. That is more than likely attributed to the fact that it was 47 degrees outside and late on a Friday afternoon, but this momma needed to get some fresh air.

Wait up, guys!


Happy, silly, and cold...




Here's what they look like while saying 'cheeeeeese.' Hayden is intense, Emerson has a look of pity/condescension/constipation, and Jax looks a wee bit special needs. Just callin' it like I see it.



Hayden was bound and determined to go down every single slide her brother and sister did. And she did it. With no fear. And no assistance. You can see the crazed look in her eye in this picture.


I did it!


Saturday morning I had every intention to get to the grocery store, but it didn't happen, so we went to the gym instead. After naps, Pa-Pa and Grandma came and picked up the kids for an overnight stay! I got to go to my friend Heather's wedding without having to rush back to relieve a babysitter. It was wonderful! Of course I was bummed that my husband was out of town, because before I realized the conflict in the schedule for the weekend, I was planning on us getting a hotel room for the night and making a date weekend out of it. Bummer!

Heather's wedding was fantastic! Held at Tulsa Country Club, the ceremony was on the course with the downtown skyline as the backdrop. Yes, we froze our buns off, but Steve (who also married us 10 years ago) kept it short and sweet. Her bridesmaids were wearing strapless knee-length dresses, and I'm pretty sure the temp was right around 45 degrees. Brrrr! The reception was wonderful, the food/cake/drinks were amazing, and I had such a great night catching up with old friends.

Here's the gorgeous bride and myself (again, making a conscious choice to do the hand-on-the-hip stance, secretly wondering if she's doing it too, which she's not... and now I'm laughing because I'm wearing sleeves so it doesn't even make a difference that I'm doing the hand-on-the-hip thing). It's pretty incredible that we as women can have full-on internal conflict with ourselves in the short time it takes to have our picture taken, no?


Heather, you were radiant, my dear! And so was your cleavage! Those of us with cleavage that 'left the building' after children were living vicariously through you all night. :) On a serious note, we are thrilled for you and Kyle. Here's to many more dinners together, both with and without the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment