Thursday, October 25, 2012

Her first fly

I know, I know. This is disgusting. But around here, disgusting is often a big part of everyday life! So here is my firstborn, captured for all eternity with her first dead fly. That girl has been begging me to let her use the fly swatter when she sees a winged nemesis flying around. So yesterday I let her. And I kid you not, she dropped that thing on her first attempt. It was awesome!


One of these days I will teach her the skills of a true fly killer. I pride myself on killing them with my bare hand (always washing afterwards, of course), and it never ceases to amaze my husband. He always remarks that it looks virtually impossible to actually kill them by the velocity of my hand speed. I tell him it's in the technique. I remember my brother doing the same thing growing up, and I think his strategy was catching them from behind or something. We lived in the country... there wasn't much else to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment