Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend in Peoria

I took a break from wife-ing and mommy-ing this weekend and flew to Peoria to see my sister Miley and her family (hubby Eric and kiddos Avery and Hudson)!

Reading books on the floor in the sunshine on my first day there. My sister has done such a wonderful job of reading to her babies... they both LOVE books. 


Avery and Aunt Becca making silly faces. We probably took 15 pictures just like this. 



We went to a nearby park for some chilly play time.



Their darling house with my sista's landscape prowess in all its glory. That girl can landscape.


On Saturday we went to the gym in the morning, then after Eric came home from a ministry trip, Miles and I headed out to shop (skinny jeans and boots for her, two tops from Old Navy for me), then to dinner at One World (yummy) where one of the funniest things EVER happened to me. I won't say what and where... just trust me that it was funny. After dinner we created monstrous, delicious, fattening, glorious frozen yogurt sundaes at a darling little shop, then we rented a movie and stayed up too late. Just what these sisters needed!

Pictures in the back yard after church on Sunday.


Such a gorgeous family!!!


Notice our glam poses. I talked Miley into it, and she looks awesome, no?! I was actually hiding my digital camera behind my back, hence the reason I look a little 'special.'


Workin' on his laptop like Daddy. Oh, that boy is so darn cute! He was very leery of me on my first day there, but day two and three we were famous together!


Monday was a really rough day for me... emotionally I was sad and missing my sister, and I felt completely behind all day long. Miley emailed and said she had been glum all day, too. That tells me right there that sisters aren't supposed to live far away from each other, missing out on daily life, not getting to share the simple and silly things in person. *sniff sniff* Don't get me started or I'll be depressed all day! :(

Potters, thank you for opening your home to me all weekend. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for coming to see us! We loved every minute of it. You are a breath of fresh air to me, and I don't know what I'd do without ya, my sister. Thanks again for a lovely time. And I won't soon forget the hilariousness we shared at One World! Hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete