1) Thrilled at the thought of daylight savings in a week. I really do love a cozy winter when it gets dark at 5:30, but only for so long. I can sense my kids' restlessness, and it makes me restless for more outside time, too. This spring is gonna be so much fun.
2) Gearing up to potty train Hot Sauce on Spring Break. She has been talking about the potty non-stop for a good 2-3 months now, but I just haven't devoted the time. So fingers crossed that we'll be a diaper-free house by the end of March! (Diaper-free except for night time, that is).
3) Beyond excited for Emerson and Jax's soccer season. Their first games are tomorrow! On any given night before bedtime, they will be up in the playroom with Daddy, wearing their shin guards with no shoes, practicing their dribbling and passing and whatever else it is you do in soccer. I'm really thankful I married someone with soccer experience. I have NO CLUE when it comes to the sport... we didn't have soccer in the little town I grew up in. We didn't have a lot of things in that town, but I digress.
4) Trying to figure out whether I really need a brightly colored pair of skinny jeans for spring. I think I do. Which color, though? Too many choices.
5) Getting a kick out of Emerson and Daddy's bedtime routine. Each night when he lies down with her to do prayers and snuggles, she has started requesting to "talk about things." I wasn't quite sure what this was all about, but a few days ago in the car on the way to preschool, she began to describe to me what a cardiologist was. I asked her how she knew what that was, and she said that Daddy told her about it "when we talked about things last night." Since then, there have been talks about the difference between alligators and crocodiles, the inner workings of a musical jewelry box, and why the sky is blue. I love being married to a smarty pants. I would have to spend some serious time on Google to prepare myself for these sessions with my oldest girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment