Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Powder Bath Reveal

In January, our contractor Todd from Victory Remodel finished our powder bath downstairs. For two years, our poor guests have been forced to enter the "Zone of Brass" that is our master bathroom. So now we can proudly direct them to a new bathroom with zero brass fixtures. It's tiny, but it's cozy. I love it!

We started with a blank slate. There has literally been a hole in the floor where the old toilet used to be. Jason loved to tell everyone that this bathroom was reserved for OSU or Texas fans.


My color inspiration was the deep pumpkin orange in our living room pillows.


We ended up going with Toffee Glaze... I think it was a Valspar color.


We originally wanted to do stained concrete, but the quote we got from a concrete guy was around $1000 (something to do with the depth of the floor... I quit listening after I heard $1000). No thank you. We ended up going with a dark ceramic tile from Lowe's. I think we paid around $50.



And here's the almost-finished product! Light, mirror, vessel sink and faucet are from Lowe's. Granite is from Natural Stone Interiors in Bixby (the piece is a remnant they had, so they literally didn't charge us a dime for the granite itself). The vanity furniture piece was clearanced through Kirkland's online. The piece I had my eye on from Pottery Barn was about $1300. This one? Drum roll please... $300.



The remaining part of the project? Finding just the right corner table so I can hang these on each corner wall.


Oh, and I almost forgot. The toilet. Now that I'm looking at that empty wall behind it, I'm thinking I should hang something there, too, even after I get the blue things up with the corner table. Golly gee, I really despise decorating. Too many options.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new b-room! I'm giggling b/c not only do we have the exact same hand towel in our powder bath, but I also own the turquoise wrought iron piece! Great minds think alike!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What would we do without Target & H.Lobby? :) Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete