Sunday, March 10, 2013

What's this white stuff?

Sunday night Jason was setting the trash and recycling bins at the curb around 9:00. I was walking toward the office and noticed two drops of something white on the floor. I dabbed the drops with my finger, sniffed them, and just then Jason came back inside. I said, "What's this white stuff? It smells like plaster." Suddenly I saw the wheels start turning in his head. He said, half jokingly, "I hope it's not bird crap." Then I really saw the wheels start turning.

He said, "You know, when I opened the front door, I heard a rustling sound in the wreath but didn't think anything of it." Suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks and said, "Shhh... do you hear that?" All of a sudden a little bird flew out from behind the fax machine! Its next stop was the top of the curtain rod, then Jason grabbed the empty recycle bin that we keep in the pantry.

He shooed it over toward the fireplace as I did my best to block the entrance to the dining room and thus the rest of the house. Luckily, that little guy obeyed and flew right through the other office doorway. In his final act of defiance, he stopped and stood right at the threshold of the front door before we shooed him into the night.

Now I know what the white stuff is. Jason's comment? "Did you lick your fingers? You licked them, didn't you? You can tell me if you did."

For the record, no I did not lick my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment