Monday, April 15, 2013

Currently...

1) Fighting some serious allergy gunk. I never suffer like this, but something is kicking my butt right now. I feel like I wanna peel the left side of my face off just to relieve the pressure.

2) THRILLED that our upstairs A/C officially bit the dust last week. THRILLED, I say! Because who doesn't want to replace TWO air conditioning units (one of which being heater/AC both) in a mere 3-month span of time?!

3) So proud of Emerson. She officially has a spot in Kindergarten at HH next year! Two Fridays ago, I called admissions to see how the wait list was looking because I needed to get plans in place in case she didn't get a spot. The wonderful assistant director told me she was 2nd on the wait list and that she had a lot of confidence that there would be movement in the class rosters before school started in the fall. That same day she called me back and said that things had changed around and her spot was secure!

4) Getting antsy to plant flowers! I didn't put jack squat in our front beds all year, and now's the time to get some color in there. I haven't thought out my back porch pots yet... I need to get on that.

5) Getting ridiculously excited about summer. We are going to Outer Banks, NC with my siblings and their families in June, and I'm planning a trip to Houston in July to see my hobo Lisa! Also, Jason informed me that he wants me to go with him to Vegas for a national sales meeting through his sponsoring broker dealer in October. Okaaaay.... I guess if he's gonna force me....

6) Making potty-training progress with Hot Sauce. She's pretty much going in the potty all the time at home! I'm not quite brave enough to take her out without a diaper yet. I'm loving the full-on celebration that happens each time she goes. She stands up and yells, "I went tinkoh in duh pooooottttyyyyyyy!" Then her brother and sister run in to verify and yell right along with her. Then comes the argument of who gets to go give her the spoonful of peanut butter as a reward. She doesn't care as long as she gets some. She gets the bite in her mouth and proceeds to do a trot/gallop/lope around the house, naked from the waist down, peanut butter oozing from her mouth. Hot to the Sauce. I love her.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your rough week (so happy for the highlights though =)

    ReplyDelete