Goodness gracious, I kind of just want to rewind and erase a lot of stuff.
1) Jason made an offer on a new office building a few weeks ago, and they accepted his offer. We were hoping to close before we left for the beach. Then today we found out that the roof is uninsurable in its current state and that asbestos has been discovered. Come on, people! Get your building in shape before you list it! Grrr! The location was a little far for my taste (just south of downtown), but it was darling. I took these pics a few weeks ago.
So now we're back to square one. J has a fantastic commercial real estate agent, but it's just so much time and effort to look for office space.
2) The next bit of exciting, uplifting news?! While the guys were upstairs installing the new AC, they discovered the heater is on its last leg. So we have THAT to look forward to in the fall.
3) Jason's car needed some repairs. Granted, car repairs can be expected with a 12-yr-old car, but THIS WEEK?! Did it really have to be this week?!
4) Now for the biggie. I got a call from the preschool director today saying Jax had hurt himself on the playground and they weren't sure if he needed stitches. Jason and I had just arrived home from the gym (he works from home on Thursdays), so we rushed up to school w/ Hayden. He was being snuggled by one of his precious teachers, Miss Sue, and we saw a nasty gash next to his nose. Poor baby was running on the playground, smacked right into a water fountain, and he hit his head on the way down.
We picked Emerson up too and headed to urgent care. Emerson cried so hard in the car because she was afraid of Jax having to get a shot. Sweet sister. I waited in the lobby with the girls while our brave boy endured numbing medication, a shot, and 5 stitches. With no tears. The doctor said his gash was all the way to the cheek bone, so he's on an oral antibiotic as well. I didn't get any before shots, but here he is back at home.
5) I forgot about #5. J was in Green Bay for 3 days this past week. So that's my little selfish #5 which is never a bad thing, but just seemed a little tougher than normal due to the raining and pouring we had going on.
So tonight I have completed payroll for the week, I have one page to go to complete the first revision of a book I'm proofing, and I'm starting to see the teeniest edge of a silver lining in this darn cloud we've been in. And I'm reminding myself to rest in the strength of a Loving Father who I know has His arms around us, even when life overwhelms.
Oh man, sister... So sorry for the last couple of hard weeks! :( Praying for things to start looking up from here! Love & miss you.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hate that for you all! And poor little Jaxeypoo! But just think... it is almost May... and then after that it will be June. And June = Outer Banks!!
ReplyDeleteAw poor little thing!!!! Just keep your eye on the prize...Beach Vacays cure EVERYTHING!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd ps--i was told that my heater was on its last leg the 1st year I moved in my house....10 years later I moved without ever having to replace it :) Maybe God will give you heater mercies like He did me!!