We ate sushi then came home to a movie on the couch in our 'comfies,' as we affectionately call our comfortable clothes.
Saturday morning we slept until 8:30! This is a feat I have not accomplished in years. Years, I tell you. My body is programmed to wake up somewhere between 6:45-7:15, and I haven't had to use an alarm clock in five years. I simply awaken to little faces peering at me each morning. Hot Sauce usually hollers (right next to my face), "Mommy, it's time to get out from bed! Come oooon, Mommy!"
Needless to say, the extra hour of sleep was delightful. Instead of heading to the gym, we decided to run a 5K around the neighborhood. Beautiful weather complete with a light breeze, getting to greet other neighbors walking or working in their yards, and just running next to my husband... the perfect morning.
We followed our exercise up with our main task for the day: cleaning up the yard from the freak storm that came through earlier in the week. I heard there were 80-mph winds on the leading edge of the storm, and I believe it. I watched through our bedroom blinds as our neighbor's tree limbs snapped. Little did we know our front tree was snapping, too.
It was a large limb that broke, but thankfully the tree will survive, and the gap should fill in pretty quickly.
Our next project was taking down a section of fence in the back yard. Hello hottie with your nice calves and forearms. I've never wanted to be a fence post so badly in my life.... did I just say that out loud?? I'm really sorry... but I just had almost 24 hours alone with my man. I'm a little delirious right now and cannot be trusted to say appropriate things.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment